Friday 18 March 2011

Post Production

The hand in for our post-production project was today, and we actually managed to finish it in time.

This project was a lot of fun to work on because it gave me the opportunity to learn some new stuff.
I got to make a rig, and yes, it is a really simple one, but it thaught me the 'basics' of how to do it.
I found rigging to be quite fun (even though I wanted to pull my hair out at times) and it's something I want to learn properly so I will be practicing to get better at it.

I also did some of the compositing.
For this part, I put a mask around the laptop, making it overlay Dave so it looks like he is behind it.
To make the coke dissapear as Dave sweeped over it I took one still from the real life footage in to Photoshop and edited out the coke. Then Miguel made the coke as a seperate layer, and in Composite I put a mask over the coke to make it look like Dave was sweeping it up.

I also worked on putting the footage together, and making it look 'real'. It was a bit hard to make it look right (I'm still not a 100% happy with it)
Because the P2 cameras are of excedingly poor quality Dave looked hyper-real compared to the real life footage.


And then, just for funsies, I put some sounds on it!
Enjoy \o/


No comments:

Post a Comment